Tabs

Friday 25 April 2014

Recipe: Instant oats with banana, coconut and almonds

Most mornings when I don't have time, I often skip breakfast. Lately though, upon review, doing that is probably not so great for my metabolism and so I've opted to making a super quick breakfast. This is my go-to recipe for when I'm in a rush and it's healthy, super easy to make and takes 5 minutes at most to prepare!


Ingredients you will need:

  • 1/2 cup of instant oats
  • 1/2 cup of water or milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 1 handful of shredded coconut
  • 1 handful of almonds 
  • A pinch of cinnamon
Serving size: 1

Method:

Step 1. Prepare your instant oats according to the box instructions. I use Uncle Toby's instant oats, which require two minutes on high in the microwave. When measuring cups, I like to use a tea cup because I can never usually find my normal measuring cups.


Step 2. Slice up your bananas and chop up your almonds (if you wish, I find that it makes it easier to eat).

Step 3. Place the bananas, almonds and shredded coconut on top of your oats as you desire. Sprinkle the cinnamon and drizzle honey over the top. Voila!


Enjoy! Have a lovely weekend, guys.
Love, Sarah x.

No comments:

Post a Comment